Here’s how to make chocolate covered strawberries: an easy dessert that’s impressive every time! This recipe makes perfectly dipped berries.
- Wash and dry the strawberries: Wash the strawberries and gently pat them as dry as possible.
- Line a baking sheet and prep toppings: Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Prepare all your toppings in advance and place them in bowls next to the baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate: Place the chocolate chips into a dry glass measuring cup or small glass cup or bowl: the smaller the better. (Make sure it’s completely dry or the chocolate will seize.) Microwave on High power for 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave another 30 seconds, stir, and 30 seconds more and stir. At this point it should be mostly melted with a few chunks: keep stirring until all the chocolate chunks disappear and the chocolate is perfectly smooth. (Keep stirring if it doesn’t fully melt. You can try another 10 second burst and stir again, but you’ll want to avoid getting the chocolate too hot. Read more at How to Microwave Chocolate.)
- Dip the strawberries and add toppings: Hold the green portion of a strawberry. Dip the strawberry into the chocolate and then pull it out, twisting it to let the excess drip off. Place the strawberry onto the baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle it with toppings, since the chocolate dries quickly.
- Refrigerate: Refrigerate the tray of strawberries for 30 minutes. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. They’re best the day of making, but they can store for up to 1 day uncovered (don’t place them in a sealed container or they become soggy).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Valentine's Day Dinner Ideas, valentine's day recipes