There are so many types of salsa: but this one’s the best. This homemade salsa fresca recipe features fresh ripe tomatoes, cilantro, and lots of lime.
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes (6 medium)
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed (depending on your spice tolerance)
- 1 large handful cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges and remove the white part of the core; then cut the wedges in half. Cut the onion into chunks. Peel the garlic. Remove the seeds from the jalapeño peppers.
- Place the onion, garlic, jalapeño peppers and cilantro in the bowl of the food processor. Add the tomatoes, cumin, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Pulse until a chunky texture forms. Taste, and if you’d like extra heat, add seeds from the jalapeños.
- Strain the mixture to remove excess liquid (the volume will decrease by almost half). Place the salsa in a serving dish and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Category: Dip
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Types of Salsa