This poached eggs and potatoes is a tasty vegetarian brunch recipe, featuring both sweet potatoes and red potatoes for a savory sweet hash.
- 1 ¼ pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 ¼ pounds red skinned potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups tender greens
- Microgreens for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash the potatoes (do not peel), then dice them.
- In a bowl, mix the potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then pour the potatoes onto sheet and roast for 30-35 minutes until slightly browned and cooked through, stirring once.
- About 10 minutes before the potatoes are done, poach the eggs.
- When the potatoes are done, mix them with 2 cups greens and allow the heat to slightly wilt the greens.
- To serve, place potatoes on a plate, then top with egg, a bit of kosher salt and pepper, and microgreens if desired.
- Category: Brunch
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Poached Eggs, Eggs and Potatoes, Two Potato Hash, Sweet Potato Recipes, Vegetarian Brunch Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Sweet Potatoes, Red Potatoes, Eggs