This tuna melt recipe makes the BEST sandwich! Here’s how to make this easy lunch or dinner that will make you melt in delight (don’t forget napkins).
- 1 5-ounce can white meat tuna
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickles*
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ripe tomato (optional)
- 4 slices bread
- 1/2 cup each shredded mozzarella cheese and shredded cheddar cheese
- Drain the tuna. Place it in a bowl and use a fork to break apart any large clumps. Finely chop the red onion and dill pickles. Stir with Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and salt.
- Thinly slice the tomato and sprinkle it with a bit of salt.
- Spread the bread with mayonnaise (or butter). Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add one slice of bread, half of the shredded cheese, tomato slices, tuna salad filling, and top with more shredded cheese. Cook the sandwich 2 to 3 minutes, then carefully flip and cook about 2 minutes more until browned and the cheese is melted.
*Optional ingredient: 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or green onion tops (we used it for color).
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Tuna melt, tuna melt recipe, how to make a tuna melt, tuna melt sandwich