No meal is simpler or more delicious than smoked salmon with eggs – truffle eggs! – and a pile of greens. Even better, it’s brain food!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 2 teaspoons truffle oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 shallot or 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces watercress
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or cider vinegar
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- Coat a large skillet with half of the olive oil and warm it over medium-high heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet, drizzle with the truffle oil, and sprinkle with paprika. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until the whites are cooked through but the yolks are still soft.
- While the eggs are cooking, prepare the watercress. Coat a separate large skillet with the remaining olive oil. Add the shallot or onion and cook to 2 to 3 minutes until the shallot starts to soften. Add the watercress and cook for 1 minutes until wilted. Sprinkle with the vinegar.
- Divide the mixture among four plates and top each with an egg and 2 ounces of the smoked salmon. Serve immediately.
Printed with permission from Eat Complete: The 21 Nutrients The Fuel Brainpower, Boost Weight Loss, and Transform Your Health by Drew Ramsey, MD
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Smoked Salmon, Brain Food, Brainfood, Watercress, Greens, Eggs, Truffle Oil, Gluten Free, Healthy