Crispy potatoes, truffle oil, and Parmesan cheese: WOW! These Parmesan truffle fries are insanely tasty, baked in a hot oven until they’re crisp.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.
- Cut the potatoes into fries (watch the video to see!): Wash the potatoes, leaving the skins on. Slice off the ends of each potato, then slice off part of the side to make a base. Place the potato half cut side down and cut off a ¼-inch slice, then lay the slice on its side and cut it into several long strips. Repeat until all potatoes have been cut into fries. The pieces can be uneven, but aim for as uniform of thickness as possible. See the video for full instructions.
- Place the fries in a large bowl with the olive oil and kosher salt. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread the fries on the paper, placing them as far apart as possible.
- Bake the fries for 15 minutes. Take them out of the oven and flip them. Reduce the heat to 400 degrees.
- Reverse the trays in the oven and bake another 10 minutes until the fries are crisp and golden brown, watching carefully as the cooking time can depend on the fry thickness and oven. (If the majority of the fries seem soft, continue to bake a few more minutes.)
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven. Drizzle with the truffle oil (note that if your bottle does not say “all natural”, drizzle to taste — it’s much stronger than all natural, so don’t use the quantity listed.) Add chunky sea salt, crushing it with your fingers as you sprinkle. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and chives. Serve immediately (fries become softer as they sit). If making in advance, omit Step 7, then reheat the fries in a 400 degree oven and perform Step 7.
*If you use an all natural truffle oil like Urbani natural truffle oil, the flavor is more subtle, so you’ll need more than if you use a synthetic oil. If you buy a truffle oil that is not marked with “natural flavor” anywhere on the package, it will be stronger. Drizzle it on to taste.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Fries
Keywords: Truffle Oil Recipes, Truffle Oil Recipe, Truffle Fries