This mango quinoa bowl is fast and delicious, drizzled with a tangy vegan cashew sauce. Healthy bowl meal recipes make dinner fast and easy!
For the quinoa bowl
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 to 4 Francis mangos
- 1 avocado
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 small red cabbage
- 8 cups mixed greens
- Cashews, for the garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for the garnish (optional)
For the citrus drizzle
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ cup orange juice (1 large orange)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Place the cashews in a bowl and soak them while making the recipe, or at least 20 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa (or use our Instant Pot quinoa method): Using a strainer, rinse the quinoa under cold water, then drain it completely. Place the quinoa in a saucepan with 3 cups water. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Stir once, then simmer where the water is just bubbling for about 17 to 20 minutes, until the water has been completely absorbed (check by pulling back the quinoa with a fork to see if water remains). Remove from the heat, cover the pot and allow the quinoa to steam for 5 minutes, then fluff the quinoa with a fork. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Meanwhile, dice the mango. Chop the avocado. Dice the pepper. Shred the cabbage.
- When the quinoa is done, drain the cashews. Peel and mince the ginger. Add cashews, ginger, orange juice, lime juice, and kosher salt to the bowl of a high speed blender. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth. Add more water as you go if needed. Taste and add more salt or lime juice if desired.
- To serve, place the quinoa and greens in a bowl, and arrange the veggies and mango on top. Garnish with cashews and chopped cilantro, and drizzle generously with dressing (make sure to use enough to flavor the entire bowl; the dressing also brings in added protein!).
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Tropical
Keywords: Quinoa Bowl, Mango Bowl, Tropical Bowl, Mango Buddha Bowl, Buddha Bowl, Vegan Dinner Recipe, Vegan Dinner Ideas, Vegetarian Dinner Ideas