This berry brownie yogurt parfait is layered with Greek yogurt, a thick and gooey triple berry compote, and chewy raw brownie crumbles.
For the brownie layer
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
For the berry compote
- 3 cups frozen mixed berries (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
For the yogurt layer
- 4 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the brownie crumbles: In the bowl of a food processor, add walnuts and process on high until the nuts are finely ground. Add the cocoa powder and kosher salt. Pulse to combine.
- Remove the pits from the dates. Turn on the food processor and as it is running, add the dates one at a time. Stop processing once the mixture is crumbly but easily formable. Add the almonds and pulse several times to combine.
- In a small square dish, press the brownie mixture into a layer at least 1 inch thick (even if it does not fill the entire dish), or thicker if desired. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- For the berry compote: place the frozen berries, fresh lemon juice, and maple syrup in a skillet over medium heat. Stir for several minutes until fruit is thawed. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water, then pour into skillet and heat until the sauce is thickened.
- For the yogurt layer: In a small bowl, mix the Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- To assemble the parfait, layer yogurt, crumbles of raw brownies, and berry compote in a tall glass.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Yogurt Parfait, Healthy Dessert, Yogurt Parfait Recipe, Berry Compote, Raw Brownies, Gluten Free Desserts