Impress everyone with this Tochos recipe! Tater tot nachos are endless fun, crispy and loaded with all the best toppings.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds frozen tater tots
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder and chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each cumin and kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup Mexican-style blend shredded cheese (omit for vegan)
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo, drained (or finely diced tomato and red onion)
- 1/4 cup canned corn, drained
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- Sour cream (or Vegan Nacho Cheese or Cashew Cream)
- Bake the tater tots according to the bag instructions (place on a parchment-paper lined sheet pan and bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes until crispy).
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the black beans with olive oil, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and kosher salt. Chop the cilantro, red onion, green onions, and jalapeño pepper (if using).
- When the tater tots are baked, sprinkle them with the cheese and place them back in the oven until it is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Top with the beans, cilantro, red and green onion, drained pico de gallo and corn, sliced jalapeno peppers (if using), and dollops of sour cream and guacamole.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Totchos, totchos recipe, tater tot nachos