This tortilla bowl salad recipe features step-by-step instructions on how to make tortilla bowls, plus a delicious vegetarian salad recipe.
- 4 wheat tortillas (or gluten-free tortillas)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 oven-safe bowls
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 green onion
- 15-ounce can black beans
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup pepitas (toasted, if possible)
- Green Goddess dressing
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mince 1 clove garlic. Melt 1 tablespoon butter, then add the garlic. Lightly brush the butter onto both sides of each tortilla.
- Place each tortilla in an oven safe bowl and shape as desired. Place the bowls in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, until browned and crispy. The tortilla bowls may be slightly soft when removing from the oven oven, but will crisp up as they cool.
- Wash and chop the lettuce, dice the peppers, and thinly slice the red onion and green onion.
- Drain and rinse the black beans. Stir them together with ¼ teaspoon cumin, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- If the pepitas are not toasted, place them in a dry pan over medium heat for several minutes, shaking the pan often so that they don’t burn. Remove when lightly browned.
- Make the Green Goddess dressing.
- To serve, in each tortilla bowl, place lettuce, peppers, onions, and black beans. Sprinkle with pepitas and drizzle with Green Goddess dressing.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tortilla bowl, how to make a tortilla bowl