This tomato basil salad captures the magic of the season! Marinate the flavors with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a recipe that’s pure summer.
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt, plus more for serving
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Chop the tomatoes, cutting off any tough parts of the core but leaving the seeds. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Thinly slice the basil (roll the leaves and then thinly slice them).
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Cover and rest at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours) before serving. Transfer to a platter with a slotted spoon. Add sea salt to taste before serving.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Tomato basil salad