This Thousand Island dressing recipe is simple to whip up and tastes so good! Here’s how to make Thousand Island dressing at home.
- 2 tablespoons minced dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced jarred red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt*
- 1/4 cup high quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup organic ketchup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Mince the dill pickle, shallot, and red pepper (if using).
Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the minced vegetables and stir to combine. Store refrigerated (keeps for at least 1 week).
*Make sure the yogurt has a creamy consistency. Most yogurt brands we’ve used work, but we found one brand that was very runny which didn’t work well for salad dressing.
- Category: Salad Dressing
- Method: Whisked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Thousand island dressing recipe, How to make thousand island dressing, Thousand island dressing ingredients, Salad Dressing, Homemade Salad Dressings