A fast and easy dinner recipe, this colorful Thai salad recipe features a flavorful peanut sauce dressing. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and delicious!
For the peanut dressing
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari or coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
For the salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 14-ounce package extra firm tofu
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 green onions
- ¼ red cabbage
- 4 carrots
- 10 ounces Earthbound Farm Organic Half & Half Baby Spinach and Spring Mix
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- Remove the tofu from the package and blot it dry with a clean dish towel. With tofu block flat, slice it into 3 long strips, and cut the strips in half crosswise. Slice each piece into thirds.
- On a non-stick griddle or large skillet over low heat, warm 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place the tofu on the griddle, sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, flipping every few minutes, until light brown and crisp on both sides. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes, and then cut into smaller bite-sized pieces if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut milk, peanut butter, soy, lime, maple syrup, and kosher salt. Taste, and add additional peanut butter if desired (we added 1 additional tablespoon). Refrigerate any leftovers for 1 to 2 weeks.
- Thinly slice the peppers, green onions and cabbage. Shred the carrots (using a julienne peeler, or us a vegetable peeler to make ribbons).
- To serve, place greens in a bowl. Top with vegetables and tofu and drizzle with dressing, then garnish with crushed peanuts, cilantro leaves, and a squeeze of lime.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Thai Salad, Peanut Sauce Dressing, Peanuts, Peanut Sauce, Thai, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free, Healthy, Healthy Dinner