This Texas caviar (Cowboy caviar) will have everyone crowded around the bowl! It’s full of big, zesty flavor and perfect for parties and cookouts.
For the vegetables
- 2 15-ounce cans black eyed peas (or 3 cups cooked)
- 15-ounce can black beans (or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1 15-ounce can corn (or 1 1/2 cups frozen and thawed)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Drain and rinse the beans and corn.
- Dice the bell pepper. Chop the cherry tomatoes. Thinly slice the green onions. Seed and dice the jalapeno pepper. Chop the cilantro.
- Add all the vegetables and beans to a bowl. Mix with the kosher salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, and cumin. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix to combine.
- Eat immediately, or refrigerate until serving (it tastes even better after allowing to marinade 30 minutes or longer). Serve with chips for dipping.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
Keywords: Texas caviar, Cowboy caviar