Here’s how to make tartar sauce! This easy homemade recipe takes just a few minutes and results in incredible flavor.
- 1 large shallot, finely minced (1/3 to 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons dill relish (or finely minced pickles)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- In a bowl, stir together all ingredients. Serve immediately or allow to chill for 1 to 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld. Store refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Tartar sauce, tartar sauce recipe