What to eat after a workout? This post workout protein bowl combines protein and carbohydrates, along with tart cherries, for maximum exercise recovery!
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons cashew halves
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 2 to 3 dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 sprinkle of bee pollen, optional
- In a small, dry skillet over medium heat, toast the almonds and cashews until browned and fragrant, stirring often, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix the Greek yogurt with the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Roughly chop the cherries and apricots.
- Place the yogurt in a bowl, then sprinkle with all toppings (get creative!).
- Category: Snack
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: What to eat after a workout, Protein bowl,