This tart cherry jam is quick and easy to make! It uses chia seeds to make a natural jam, and is scented with chai spices.
- 10 ounces frozen Montmorency tart cherries (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- In a small skillet, add the tart cherries, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, spices, and 1 tablespoon water.
- Simmer about 10 minutes over medium heat until cherries begin to break down, stirring occasionally and using the back of a spoon to break them apart.
- Once the cherries are broken down, add 2 tablespoons chia seeds and stir until combined. Turn off heat and wait for the jam to thicken, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a canning jar and refrigerate; the texture will set even further when chilled. Keeps refrigerated for 2 weeks.
- Category: Essentials
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Tart cherry jam, Jam, Chia Jam, Cherries, Tart Cherries, Cherry jam