This taco dip recipe is fast and easy: the ideal party appetizer for a crowd! Scoop up this irresistible creamy mix with tortilla chips.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened*
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons each cumin and chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Optional toppings: minced red onion, chopped cilantro, pickled jalapeños
- In a large bowl, whisk the softened cream cheese, Greek yogurt, salsa and spices until it’s fully smooth. The mixture will start out chunky, but keep whisking until the cream cheese is fully smooth. (It takes a few minutes, so be patient!)
- Place the cheese mixture in the bottom of a circular glass pie plate or other circular dish. Smooth into an even layer.
- Top with the cheese, chopped lettuce, chopped tomato, black olives, and other optional toppings. Serve immediately with tortilla chips, or refrigerate until serving. (Leftovers last up to 3 days refrigerated.)
*To quickly soften cream cheese, place it on a plate in the microwave. Microwave 5 seconds, then flip over the block of cheese and cook another 5 seconds. If it’s not room temperature and soft at this point, try another 5 seconds but air on the conservative side.
**You can also add more layers to the taco dip to make it like a 7 layer dip: consider topping with a layer of refried beans (seasoned with salt), guacamole, and salsa before adding veggie toppings.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Taco dip, taco dip recipe