This healthier sweet potato hash with eggs is perfect for breakfast, brunch or even dinner. Ready in 25 minutes, it’s an easy weeknight meal!
- 2 medium red potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 green onions
- 4 eggs
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Peel the red potatoes and sweet potato and chop them into 1/2 inch chunks. Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil, then lower it to a simmer and cook about 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes.
- Prepare the ingredients and equipment for the poached eggs.
- While the potatoes are cooking, dice the red pepper and red onion. Chop the green onion.
- When the potatoes are finished boiling, heat about 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet at medium high. Saute the red pepper and red onion for 3 minutes. Add the potatoes spread them into a thin layer. Cook until the potatoes start to brown, about 7 minutes.
- Poach the eggs and set aside while the potatoes are browning.
- Add the green onion to the potatoes and cook a few minutes more, until the onion is soft and the potatoes start to fall apart. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve topped with a poached egg.
Adapted from Vegetarian Food Made Fast
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato hash