This vegetable salad features the best of summer veggies: green beans, tomatoes, corn, and a toasted sesame ranch dressing.
For the summer vegetable salad
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 1/2 pound wax beans
- 2 ears corn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 8 cups salad greens
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
For the toasted sesame ranch dressing
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Trim the ends of the beans, then add them to the pot and boil until bright green, about 3 minutes. Fill a bowl with ice water. Once the beans are bright green, immediately remove them from the pot and place them in the ice water bath until cooled.
- Cut the corn from the cobs. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Make the Healthy Ranch Dressing, then stir in the toasted sesame oil.
- To serve, place washed and dried salad greens on a plate or in a bowl. Top with beans, tomatoes, corn, and pepitas, and drizzle with the desired quantity of sesame buttermilk dressing. (Extra dressing will be left over for future salads. Note that this dressing has a thin consistency, not creamy.)
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegetable Salad, Summer Salad, Summer Vegetable Salad, Sesame Ranch Dressing