This strawberry summer salad is just right for the season, with a tangy strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing, pecans, and juicy berries!
For the strawberry salad dressing (makes 1 1/4 cups total)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the strawberry summer salad
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 handful thin sliced red onion
- 5 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds or pistachios
- 1/4 cup feta or goat cheese crumbles (optional)
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Salad Dressing
- Make the strawberry salad dressing: In an immersion blender, small blender or standard blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. (An immersion blender and small blender are the quickest, but you can also use a standard blender: just blend for a few minutes until fully combined.)
- Prepare the salad ingredients: Slice off the tops of the strawberries, then slice them long-wise. Thinly slice the red onion (see the video for this method). If necessary, wash the spinach and mixed greens. Chop the pecans.
- To serve, place the greens on plates and top with all ingredients, then drizzle with the strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing (about 2 tablespoons per serving). Refrigerate the remaining dressing for up to 1 week.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Strawberry summer salad, Strawberry salad, Strawberry spinach salad, Strawberry salad dressing, Strawberry vinaigrette, Healthy salad recipe