This strawberry spinach salad has double the strawberries: sliced ripe berries and sweet tart strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing!
For the strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing (makes 1 1/4 cups total)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the strawberry spinach salad
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 handful thin sliced red onion
- 5 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles (optional)
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Make the strawberry salad dressing: In an immersion blender, small blender or standard blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. (An immersion blender and small blender are the quickest, but you can also use a standard blender: just blend for a few minutes until fully combined.)
- Prepare the salad ingredients: Slice off the tops of the strawberries, then slice them long-wise. Thinly slice the red onion (see the video for this method). If necessary, wash the spinach and mixed greens. Chop the pecans (if time, toast them to enhance the flavors).
- Serve: Place the greens on plates and top with all ingredients, then drizzle with the strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing (about 2 tablespoons per serving). Refrigerate the remaining dressing for up to 1 week.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Strawberry spinach salad, Strawberry salad, Strawberry summer salad, Strawberry salad dressing, Strawberry vinaigrette, Healthy salad recipe