Strawberry sangria is the best fruity drink, full of berry flavor and rosé wine! Here’s how to make this stunning cocktail…Spanish style.
- 4 cups whole fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 bottle dry rosé wine, chilled
- 1/2 cup triple sec, Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- Soda water, for serving (optional)
- For the garnish: Fresh mint, cocktail skewers
- Reserve 6 strawberries and set aside. Slice the remaining strawberries and place them in a blender. Sprinkle them with the sugar and stir.
- Let the strawberries stand for 20 minutes at room temperature. Then add 1/2 cup of the wine to the blender and blend until strawberries are fully pureed. Pour the through a fine mesh strainer / sieve into a large pitcher and use a spatula to press the strawberry puree through. Discard the seeds.
- Add the remaining wine and Grand Marnier to the pitcher. Then add the fresh mint, orange and lemon rounds. Slice the 6 reserved strawberries and add them to pitcher.
- Stir and refrigerate the pitcher for at least 1 hour, or up to 4 hours. (Don’t go beyond 4 hours or the fruit texture starts to degrade.)
- To serve, pour the sangria into ice-filled glasses and top with a splash of soda water (if desired). Add fruit to each glass, preferably on long skewers for easy snacking.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Spanish inspired
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Strawberry sangria