This homemade strawberry lemonade recipe is easy with the best sweet tart flavor! It’s quick to mix up a big pitcher that’s deliciously festive.
- 1 ½ cups fresh squeezed lemon juice (7 to 8 large lemons)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 6 cups water, divided
- Ice and fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
- Juice the lemons.
- Add the strawberries, sugar and 2 cups warm water to a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through fine mesh sieve into pitcher, using a spatula to push the liquid through (discard the seeds; this takes a few minutes to complete).
- Add 4 cups* cold water and the fresh squeezed lemon juice. Add ice to the pitcher and serve. If desired, garnish with extra strawberries and fresh mint sprigs. (Spiked variation: By the glass, serve 1 cup of this strawberry lemonade with ¼ cup vodka or 3 tablespoons gin.)
*If you plan to serve in a large pitcher with ice and leave it out at a party, use 3 cups water to account for ice melting and diluting the drink.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Lemonade
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Strawberry lemonade, strawberry lemonade recipe