This strawberry basil cocktail is a fresh spin on a gin and tonic! Sweet berries pair perfectly with the peppery essence of the fresh herb.
- 3 ripe medium strawberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 basil leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) gin
- 4 ounces (8 tablespoons) tonic water
- Add lots of ice to a large cocktail or wine glass and stir to chill the glass. Drain any melted water.
- Quarter the strawberries. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the basil leaves. Add the strawberries and muddle again. Add the gin and a handful of ice. Shake until cold, and then stain into cocktail glass.
- Add the garnishes and then pour the tonic water onto a bar spoon into the glass (to increase the bubbles). Stir once. Garnish with strawberries and additional basil leaves (important for the basil nose on the drink!) and serve.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Strawberry basil cocktail