Want to know how to make popcorn on the stove? This stovetop popcorn recipe is ready in less than 15 minutes and can easily be made in bulk and stored for later. Perfect for snacking!
- 1/2 cup yellow popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon popcorn salt (or crushed kosher salt)
- 3 quart saucepan
- Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and 3 popcorn kernels to the saucepan. Cover and heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add a few shakes (around 1/8 teaspoon) popcorn salt to 1/2 cup popcorn kernels. The oil is ready when the 3 kernels in the pan pop. At this time, add the rest of the kernels with the salt, and cover again. Shake the pan to spread the kernels in a single layer.
- Let the popcorn pop for a few minutes, shaking the pan frequently. If steam starts to build up, lift the lid a bit to release it. As soon as the popping slows down, take the saucepan off of the heat and wait for all popping to finish. Enjoy!
- Category: Snack
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: stovetop popcorn, popcorn, easy, simple, how to, snack