This steamed cabbage recipe is surprisingly delicious! This simple side dish is easy to make and versatile for serving with many meals.
- 1 medium head green cabbage (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (or olive oil)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Remove any tough or brown leaves from the cabbage, then shred the cabbage.
- Place 1 inch of water in a large pot with a steamer basket. Add the cabbage and bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, cover and steam for 7 to 10 minutes until tender. Remove from the heat. Place the cabbage in a large bowl and allow it to cool for 2 minutes to allow the steam to dissipate.
- Mix the cabbage with the butter, kosher salt and plenty of fresh ground pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Steamed
- Cuisine: Vegetable
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Steamed cabbage, recipe for steam cabbage, steamed cabbage recipe, steamed cabbage recipes, steaming cabbage recipe, how to steam cabbage