Why not take all that’s great about spinach artichoke dip and put it on a pizza? This spinach artichoke pizza is a total crowd pleaser.
- 1 ball Best Pizza Dough (or Food Processor Dough or Thin Crust Dough)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped artichokes
- 3/4 cup mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- Semolina flour or cornmeal, for dusting the pizza peel
- Make the pizza dough: Follow the Best Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough. (This takes about 15 minutes to make and 45 minutes to rest.)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. OR preheat your pizza oven (here’s the pizza oven we use).
- Prepare the toppings: Mince the garlic. In a small skillet, heat the olive oil, then add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Add the spinach and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until wilted. Add the chopped artichokes for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Bake the pizza: When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; see this video for instructions. Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel.
- Brush the dough with a thin layer of olive oil. Then spread on the mozzarella cheese in an even layer, and place the spinach artichoke mixture on top. Top with the Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese and a few pinches of kosher salt.
- Use the pizza peel to carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes in the oven (or 1 minute in a pizza oven). Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Artichoke Pizza, Spinach Artichoke Pizza, Homemade Pizza, Pizza Peel, Pizza Dough