Why not take all that’s great about spinach artichoke dip and put it on a pizza? This spinach artichoke pizza is a total crowd pleaser.
- Make the pizza dough: Follow the Best Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough. (This takes about 15 minutes to make and 45 minutes to rest.)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. OR preheat your pizza oven (here’s the pizza oven we use).
- Prepare the toppings: Mince the garlic. In a small skillet, heat the olive oil, then add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Add the spinach and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until wilted. Add the chopped artichokes for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Bake the pizza: When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; see this video for instructions. Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel.
- Spread the spinach artichoke mixture onto the crust in an even layer. Add the mozzarella cheese. Top with the Pecorino or Parmesan cheese and a few pinch of kosher salt.
- Use the pizza peel to carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes in the oven (or 1 minute in a pizza oven). Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Artichoke Pizza, Spinach Artichoke Pizza, Homemade Pizza, Pizza Peel, Pizza Dough