Spinach artichoke grilled cheese is one of our most popular recipes! Based on spinach artichoke dip, it’s absolutely delicious in just 15 minutes.
- 3 cups spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 canned artichoke hearts (6 ounces)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese (blend of mozzarella, Monterrey jack and provolone)
- 4 pieces bread
- Kosher salt
- Mince the garlic. Drain and chop the artichokes. Wash and stem the spinach, then chop it coarsely.
- Heat about the olive oil in a skillet. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Then add the spinach and 1 pinch okosher salt, and saute for a few minutes until just limp. Add the artichokes and saute for another minute or so, until heated through. Drain off any liquid from the pan. Stir in the sour cream and another pinch of kosher salt.
- Spread butter (or olive oil) on one side of each of the bread pieces. Heat a griddle pan to medium high heat. Place 2 pieces of bread on the griddle, buttered side down. On each piece, spread some shredded cheese, the spinach artichoke filling, some more cheese (1/2 cup cheese per sandwich), and the other piece of bread. When the bottom bread is browned, flip the sandwich and cook until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Spinach artichoke grilled cheese, Grilled cheese ideas