This easy chipotle sauce is zesty, smoky and creamy: perfect for tacos and burritos! The magic ingredient: canned adobo sauce.
- 1 lemon or 2 limes, enough for 3 tablespoons juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons Mexican hot sauce (Cholula)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from 1 can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce)
- Juice the lemon or limes.
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients. Since the consistency of tahini brands can vary, add a little more tahini if the consistency of the sauce is too runny, or a little water or extra lemon juice if the consistency is too thick. Store refrigerated.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Chipotle sauce, How to make chipotle sauce, Chipotle chile in adobo sauce, Vegan chipotle sauce