Sour cream pancakes are the perfect pancake: ultra fluffy, lightly tangy, and so delicious! You’ll never need to buy buttermilk again.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (vegetable or grapeseed)
- For serving: sour cream, berries, maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and kosher salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, then whisk in the milk, sour cream, maple syrup, and oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Lightly butter a skillet and wipe off extra grease with a paper towel. Heat the skillet to medium low heat. Pour the batter into small circles. Cook the pancakes until the bubbles pop on the top and the bottoms are golden. Then flip them and cook until done. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve immediately with maple syrup.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: Sour Cream Pancakes