This smoked salmon salad is the ideal quick dinner: no cooking involved! It’s fresh, healthy, and full of big flavor.
For the salad
- 10 ounces greens (2 to 3 cups per plate)
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 4 to 6 large sprigs fresh dill, torn into pieces
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion slices
- Sesame seeds, for the garnish
For the vinaigrette dressing
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallot (1/2 medium shallot)
- Make the vinaigrette dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Whisk in the olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time until a creamy emulsion forms. Stir in the shallots. Store refrigerated and bring to room temperature before serving (keeps at least 2 weeks).
- Make the smoked salmon salad: Place the greens on a plate. Add pieces of smoked salmon, torn dill, goat cheese dollops, and sliced red onions. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Smoked salmon salad