This smoked salmon appetizer is easy and perfect for parties! Cucumber, cream cheese and dill make a crowd-pleasing snack.
- 1/2 English cucumber (20 slices)*
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (or Greek or plain yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus dill sprigs to top
- 1 green onion, very finely chopped
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- Slice the cucumber into 1/4-inch slices. (If you like, sprinkle a tiny bit of kosher salt onto the slices.)
- In a bowl, mix the soften cream cheese with the mayo, Dijon, chopped fresh dill, and chopped green onion.
- Place a dollop of cream cheese on each cucumber slice, then top with a small piece of smoked salmon. Top with dill sprigs and serve immediately or refrigerate until serving (up to 1 day in advance).
*Double for a large party to make 40 bites. Try to find an English cucumber if you can: they’re long and thin, and have no seeds and a milder flavor than standard cucumber. You can substitute standard cucumber, but make sure to peel it.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Appetizer
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Smoked salmon appetizer