Looking for easy finger food recipes for a crowd? This Mexican cheese dip recipe is perfect for entertaining, baked in a skillet covered in gooey cheese.
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 15-ounce can pinto beans
- 3/4 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 15-ounce can white beans
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups Tillamook Farmstyle Mexican 4 Cheese Shredded Cheese, divided
- 1 4 ounce can diced mild green chiles
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 green onions
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Peel the garlic cloves, then add them to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until chopped. Drain the pinto beans. Add the pinto beans, Greek yogurt, cumin, oregano, chili powder, onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Brush a cast iron skillet or 9 x 9″ pan with olive oil and pour bean mixture into the skillet. Drain the white beans. To the bean mixture, stir in the white beans, 1/2 cup Mexican cheese, green chiles, hot sauce (optional), and 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Mince the red pepper and thinly slice the green onions. Top the white chili cheese dip with 1 to 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese (depending on your cheese preference!), red pepper, green onions, and frozen corn.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted*. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
*If you’re serving this chili cheese dip at a party, we recommend making in advance then completing Step 5 baking in the host’s oven. (You can also bake it in advance and reheat, but the just melted cheese from the oven is the best part!)
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Chili Cheese Dip, White Chili Cheese Dip, Finger Food, Finger Food for Parties, Party Recipe, Entertaining, Vegetarian, Gluten Free