This pasta with zucchini is everything summer: mix noodles with ripe tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, and Parmesan cheese and you’ve got dinner in a flash.
- 1 pound whole wheat linguine (or other pasta of choice)
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes (1 red and 1 yellow)
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; cook the pasta until al dente, following the package instructions (but start taste testing the pasta a few minutes earlier than instructed).
- Meanwhile, core and finely chop the tomatoes. Thinly slice the zucchini. Chop the basil and parsley. Mince the garlic. If not already grated, grate the Parmesan cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, parsley, and garlic, along with kosher salt and olive oil.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the bowl of tomatoes; add the zucchini and toss well. Add the Parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Serve topped with more grated cheese and freshly ground pepper.
Inspired by Andreas Viestad in Food and Wine Original post on A Couple Cooks
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian Inspired
Keywords: Pasta with Zucchini, Summer Pasta, Pasta with Tomatoes, Pasta Recipes, Pasta for Dinner, Summer Dinner Recipes