Make your broccoli taste amazing in just 10 minutes! This easy sauteed broccoli highlights its fresh flavor and comes out perfectly crisp tender.
- 1 1/2 pounds (2 large heads) broccoli
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Optional: 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Dress it up: Add a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan cheese or feta cheese!
- Chop the broccoli into medium sized florets (leave a good amount of the stem for a nice shape; see the photo). Thinly slice the green onions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the broccoli florets and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally (the broccoli will lightly brown in parts). Stir in the green onion, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and kosher salt.
- Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, until crisp tender but still bright green. Taste and add a few pinches of salt if needed (make the flavor pop!) and fresh ground pepper. Remove the broccoli to a bowl and serve immediately. Sprinkle with the lemon zest, if using.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Sauteed
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Sauteed Broccoli