This refreshingly simple citrus salad features grapefruit and oranges topped with a tangy vinaigrette and fresh mint. A light and healthy side dish!
- 2 small grapefruit
- 1 navel orange
- 2 small blood oranges
- 1 small shallot
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Pinch kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Fresh ground pepper, for garnish
- Finely crushed pistachios (optional), for garnish
- Cut off the peel of the grapefruit and oranges: slice off the ends, then angle your knife and follow the curve to remove the peels (follow Steps 1 & 2 of How to Cut an Orange). Slice the citrus into rings.
- Thinly slice the shallot into thin rings.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and 1 pinch kosher salt. Then gradually whisk in the olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time until creamy.
- Arrange the citrus and shallots on a platter or serving plates. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Top with torn mint leaves and fresh ground pepper. If desired, top with finely crushed pistachios.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Citrus Salad