A 5-minute fast lunch idea! This simple chickpea salad is easy to throw together: the perfect healthy plant based desk lunch or quick fix dinner.
- 15-ounce can chickpeas (or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch celery seed or fresh torn herbs (parsley, dill, basil, etc), optional
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Dice the bell pepper. Chop the cucumber (peel it if you’re using a standard cucumber; English cucumber doesn’t need to be peeled).
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients. Taste and add salt as desired.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Simple Chickpea Salad, Chickpea Salad