This shrimp pizza recipe is full of big flavor, starring buttery shrimp and 3 cheeses! It’s garlicky, creamy, and a total crowd pleaser.
- 1 ball Best Pizza Dough (or Thin Crust Dough)
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Make the pizza dough: Follow the Best Pizza Dough or Thin Crust Dough recipe to prepare the dough. (This takes about 15 minutes to make and 45 minutes to rest.)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. (If you don’t have a pizza stone, you can make the pizza on a baking sheet.)
- Prepare the toppings: If frozen, thaw the shrimp in advance. Mince the garlic. Pat the shrimp dry. In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with the minced garlic and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. In a medium skillet, heat the butter on medium high heat. Cook the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes per side until opaque and cooked through, turning them with tongs. When done, transfer the shrimp to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta with the 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Bake the pizza: When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; see How to Stretch Pizza Dough for instructions. Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel.
- Spread the seasoned ricotta onto the dough then 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Add the shrimp, reserving the butter at the bottom of the bowl. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Add a sprinkle of the reserved butter (use about half).
- Use the pizza peel to carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes in the oven (or 1 minute in a pizza oven).
- Top with the chopped parsley. Slice into pieces and serve immediately (cutting it with a knife is easiest to cut through the shrimp).
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Pizza
Keywords: Shrimp pizza, Shrimp pizza recipe