This shaved Brussels sprouts recipe make a tasty side dish that’s full of texture and flavor! Shredded Brussels are quick and crowd-pleasing.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (off the stalk)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (omit for vegan)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Italian panko (optional, omit for gluten-free or use GF panko)
- Shave the Brussels sprouts:
- With a knife: Remove any tough outer layers with your fingers. With a large Chef’s knife, cut the Brussels sprout in half lengthwise. Place the cut side down and thinly slice cross-wise to create shreds. Separate the shreds with your fingers. Discard the root end.
- With a food processor (fastest!): Use a food processor with the shredding disc attachment blade. (Here’s a video.)
- With a mandolin: Slice the whole Brussels sprouts with a mandolin, taking proper safety precautions to keep your fingers away from the blade. (Here’s a video.)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the minced garlic, shallot, Parmesan cheese, and kosher salt.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook for 4 minutes, stirring only occasionally, until tender and browned. Stir in the Parmesan mixture and cook additional 3 to 4 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant. Remove the heat and if desired, stir in the panko. Taste and add additional salt as necessary.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Shredded
- Cuisine: Vegetables
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Shaved Brussels sprouts, Shaved Brussels sprouts recipe, shredded Brussel sprouts, shredded Brussels sprouts