These shaved Brussels sprouts transform into a refreshing salad covered in a tahini dressing with ginger, orange and miso. So much flavor!
For the shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, plus additional wedges for serving (2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
For the tahini miso dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup
For serving (optional)
- Cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- If serving with rice, cook the brown rice according to the package instructions.
- If necessary, remove the Brussels sprouts from the stem with a knife. Then cut them in half with a knife and then slice into very thin slices. Juice the lemon.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the Brussels sprouts and saute for 45 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the lemon juice and saute 15 seconds, stirring. Remove from the heat; season with the kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the tahini, miso, water, fresh orange juice, ground ginger, and maple syrup. Shake vigorously to combine. If necessary, add additional water for a thinner consistency.
- If serving as a salad, combine the Brussels sprouts with the dressing to taste. If serving with rice, place rice on serving bowls or plates. Top with Brussels sprouts, dressing, and pecan halves. Squeeze with additional fresh lemon juice from the lemon wedges (important, as it brings out the flavor).
Dressing inspired by Four Cooking Together
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Shaved Brussels Sprouts, Shaved Brussel Sprouts