This sauteed onions recipe comes out golden brown and tender every time! Here’s how to saute onions for a side dish, sandwich topping, and more.
- 3 medium yellow onions (or sweet onions)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter (or 1 tablespoon of each)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Optional adder: Add 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar with the kosher salt
- Slice the onions.
- In a large sauté pan or skillet, heat the olive oil or butter over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper and cook another 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste to assess doneness and add a few pinches or salt until the flavor pops.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Sauteed
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Sauteed onions