This sauteed eggplant is simple and irresistible! It comes out tender and perfectly seasoned with garlic and oregano.
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 ½ pounds), chopped into 3/4” inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional: Grated Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and finely chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the eggplant. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often so the eggplant doesn’t stick (the pan will be pretty dry, but this is as expected). Add the garlic powder, dried oregano and salt. Saute another 3 to 5 minutes until the largest pieces are browned and tender (keep in mind sauteed eggplant will have a little more texture to it than roasted eggplant*).
- Taste and add more salt if desired. Remove the eggplant to a bowl. Garnish with optional chopped fresh parsley, Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
*If you’d like the eggplant to be even more tender, lower the heat and continue to cook a few more minutes, stirring often. The exact timing depends on the size of the eggplant pieces.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegetables
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Sauteed eggplant