Here’s how to make the best sauteed cabbage! Tender and flavored with garlic and lemon, it’s the perfect easy side dish to accent any meal.
- 10 cups green cabbage (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds cabbage)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (1/4 lemon or two wedges)
- Thinly slice the cabbage and measure out 10 cups.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter. Add the cabbage, garlic powder, kosher salt, and plenty of black pepper. Saute 8 to 10 minutes until wilted and tender.
- When it’s done, squeeze in the juice from 2 lemon wedges. Taste and adjust flavors as necessary.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Sauteed
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Sauteed Cabbage