Button mushrooms (aka white mushrooms) are juicy and full of flavor! Here’s more about this variety and recipes for cooking them to perfection.
- 16 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (or sweet paprika)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional, or use vegan or this substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Clean the mushrooms. Slice off any hard parts of stems, and slice any very large mushrooms in half. Otherwise, keep them the mushrooms whole.
- Mince the garlic.
- In a sauté pan or skillet, heat the butter or olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until they are starting to brown on the bottom.
- Flip and cook another 3 minutes without stirring.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the onion powder, smoked paprika, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, and cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic and lemon juice and cook 1 more minute, stirring frequently. Allow to cool for a minute, then taste and add additional salt if desired.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Sauteed
- Cuisine: Mushrooms
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Button mushrooms