A salmon salad sandwich is a quick and easy lunch idea! Creamy and savory, it’s a tasty spin on the classic tuna.
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 dill pickle, finely chopped (¼ cup)
- 1 5-ounce can salmon (2/3 cup cooked flaked salmon)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise*
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt or plain yogurt*
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices bread
- Lettuce leaves, tomato, etc: for garnish
- Prep the celery, red onion and dill pickle as noted above.
- Drain the salmon and place it in a medium bowl: mash it lightly with a fork. Add the chopped vegetables, capers, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and kosher salt and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- If desired, spread the bread with mayonnaise. Add lettuce or other sandwich toppings. Spread the salmon salad onto one half of the bread and top with the other slice of bread.
*If desired, skip the yogurt and use 3 total tablespoons mayonnaise: add more to taste if desired.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Salmon salad sandwich