This salmon salad recipe is quick and healthy: an easy lunch or dinner! Make it with canned salmon or as a way to use leftover salmon.
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 dill pickle, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 5-ounce can salmon (2/3 cup cooked flaked salmon)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or plain yogurt*
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Prep the celery, red onion and dill pickle as noted above.
- Drain the salmon and place it in a medium bowl: mash it lightly with a fork. Add the chopped vegetables, capers, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and kosher salt and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt if desired. Stores up to 3 days refrigerated.
*For dairy free, skip the yogurt and use 3 total tablespoons mayonnaise: add more to taste if desired.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Salmon salad, salmon salad recipe