This rotisserie chicken recipe comes out juicy and seasoned to perfection! Here’s how to make it on a grill or in the oven.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole chicken, about 4 to 5 pounds
- 1 handful fresh herbs (such as rosemary, thyme, basil, or parsley)
- Preheat the rotisserie oven or grill to 425°F. Place a foil-lined pan below the rotisserie to catch any drippings.
- In a small bowl, mix together the kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground black pepper. Prepare three pieces of kitchen twine about 18” long each.
- Stuff the herbs into the cavity of the chicken. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Rub the chicken on all sides with the olive oil, then sprinkle and rub the salt mixture over and under the skin on all sides.
- Use a piece of kitchen twine to tie the legs together and secure it tightly with a knot. Wrap the second piece of twine around the other end of the chicken and tie another knot to secure wings to the body. Use a third piece of twine to tie across the center of the body, making everything as tight as possible so it stays secure while rotating.
- Insert the rotisserie skewer through the chicken and tighten the skewer.
- Roast for 60 to 70 minutes until cooked through. The internal temperature should read 170 to 175°F [77 to 80°C] at the thighs and 155 to 165°F [68 to 74°C] at the breast.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and rest on a cutting board 10 to 15 minutes, tented with foil. Carve the chicken, then transfer the carved pieces to a serving platter. Serve immediately. Stores refrigerated for 3 to 4 days.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Rotisserie
- Cuisine: Chicken
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Rotisserie chicken