This romaine salad is simple and stunning! It pairs the refreshing lettuce with creamy Green Goddess dressing and crunchy breadcrumbs.
- 2 romaine hearts (about 8 cups chopped)
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Green Goddess Dressing (or Cilantro Sauce for vegan)
- 1/4 cup Italian panko*
- Parmesan shavings, for garnish (optional)
- Chop the romaine hearts. Thinly slice the radishes and shallot.
- Make the Green Goddess Dressing.
- Place the romaine on salad plates or a large platter. Top with the sliced radishes, shallot, and Parmesan cheese shavings. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with Italian panko.
*Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb mixture that is airier and lighter than traditional breadcrumbs. It has a crunchy texture which is more satisfying on salads (breadcrumbs are much finer with almost a sand-like texture). “Italian” means herbs and salt are added. You should be able to find Italian panko or plain panko easily at your local grocery store (often they also sell gluten-free). If all you have is plain panko, you can season it: mix ½ cup panko with ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt and ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano and ¼ teaspoon each dried basil and thyme).
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Salad
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Romaine salad, romaine lettuce salad