Roasted yellow squash is the perfect way to serve it! This easy method bakes summer squash with Parmesan and Italian herbs.
- 2 pounds squash (about 4 to 5 medium small)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the squash into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a large bowl, mix them with the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, and kosher salt.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheets. Roast for 8 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and sprinkle evenly with the shredded Parmesan cheese. Return the sheets to the oven (on the opposite oven racks) and bake another 10 to 12 minutes until tender and the cheese is melted. Taste and add additional salt as necessary (we usually add another sprinkle). Serve immediately.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Roasted yellow squash